The 42nd Royal Highlanders second CD recording "No Matter What the Season" is now available!
Order your copy now!
Or order online:
View the album's CD booklet in PDF format.
List of Tunes
Clicking on each link will open iTunes, where the song will be available for preview or purchase. Each individual song is $.99, or the entire album can be downloaded for $9.99.
Not an iTunes user? Listen to samples or download from
- 1st Set: Wha Hae the 42nd, Brown Haired Maiden, High Road to Gairloch (2:40)
- Balmoral (Robert Bruce), Castle Dangerous (James Haugh)
(Harmony P/M J.G. Slattery) (2:28)
- 79th's Farewell to Gibraltar (1:38)
- Hey, Johnnie Cope are ye Waukin' Yet (Arr. J. C. Moon),
Balquider Lasses (1:43)
- Atholl Highlanders, Glendaruel Highlanders (3:05)
- Blue Bells of Scotland, Mill-o Mill-o, Bonnie Lass of Fyvie (3:09)
Tunes of Ireland
- The Wearing of the Green (1:34)
- Rakes of Mallow (2:22)
- Clumsy Lover (Neil Dickie - SOCAN),
Itchy Fingers (Robert Mathieson - ISA Music) (1:49)
- Highland Cathedral
(Uli Roever, Michael Korb - Harmony Arr. John Main) (2:50)
A Salute to Robert Burns
- Corn Riggs are Bonny (1:21)
- My Love She's But a Lassie Yet (1:42)
- Corriechollie's Welcome to the Northern Meeting (:55)
- God Save the King (:41)
- Rule, Brittania! (Arr. Old Guard FDC) (:45)
- The Haunting (Neil Dickie - SOCAN) (1:13)
- Drum Solo - Public Property (BJ McAllister) (:51)
- Kelsey's Wee Reel (Iain Symington) (:28)
- Scotland the Brave, Black Bear (1:39)
- MSR: Barren Rocks of Aden, Loudon's Bonny Woods
and Braes, Piper of Drummond (1:58)
- Mairi's Wedding (:49)
- Johnny Scobie (We're no awa tae bide awa) (1:42)
Chris Collins, pipe major
Matt Hughes, Cpl.
Brandon Cunningham, Cpl
|Drum Major: Preston Smith|
Pete Corbin, Sgt.
Lars Ahlen, Logan Banks,
Ian Kaminsky Lon Kaminsky
BJ McAllister (Drums)
Aaron Koehler-Marsh (Fife)
Lorne Koehler-Marsh (Drums)
|Produced By:||Hall of Music Productions, Ron Shoemaker, Engineer.
|Recorded At:||The Elliot Hall of Music, Purdue University
|Recording Dates:||November 7, 2009, March 2 2010
|Photo Credits:||Booklet back cover, inside of case: Sarah Wellmeier Photography,|
Fife Section: Jeff Moran
|Album Cover and Booklet:||Preston Smith
Last modified: May 20, 2013
Copyright © 2013
Preston M. Smith and the 42nd Royal Highlanders, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Main Page |
Escort to the Colors |
Booking the 42nd |
Warrants & Inspections |
Rev. War Officer Lists |
42nd Recordings |
42nd Merchandise |
Griffin Endowment |
Scottish Society |
Burns Supper |
Forfar Bridie Booth |
The Whole 9 Yards |
Golf Outing |
2013 Tour of Scotland